[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: JBoss remoting - Compatability with non JBoss J2EE Appli

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 17 21:01:07 EDT 2009

"vybe3142" wrote :
  | can /how can I get jboss demoting functional within an enterprise app deployed on a non jboss app server eg glassfish?

Not sure I understand the question.  There are a couple of ways Remoting could live in an application server.   Note that I don't know anything about glassfish (except that it's well known to be inherently evil :) ).

1. Remoting could function as an essentially standalone subsystem, where you configure it with your own invocation handler, which is your application code.   In JBoss AS, there are configuration files which you can add, or edit, to tell the AS to start up your Remoting app.  Since the handler is running in the application server, it can get access to other objects and services running at the same time.

2. In JBoss AS, Remoting is built into the internal fabric of the server.  For example, EJB3 invocations are, by default, transported by Remoting.  The EJB3 system is built and configured to, for example, create a proxy for an EJB3 that makes Remoting invocations to a Remoting server which is configured with an EJB3 specific invocation handler.  Now, the JBoss AS is flexible enough that you could change all of that, but generally, you don't want to do more than maybe make some adjustments on the periphery.  The details are independent of your EJB3 application.

Since I'm not sure I understand your question, I'm not sure that I've come close to answering it, but I hope that helps.  If not, try again. :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4226301#4226301

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4226301