[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Clustered temporary queue problem

nyeste do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 27 01:54:42 EDT 2009


I have problem using temporary queues in a clustered environment.
- jboss-messaging-1.4.2.GA-SP1
- clustered post office
- jboss-remoting 2.2.2.SP11
- jboss-4.2.3.GA cluster

I want my client application to create a temporary queue, send it's name to the server and receive messages from the server side through that temp queue. The problem is, that about 70% of the messages are got lost because of this: "There is no administratively defined queue with name:i1-x0eldltf-1-ftnkdltf-02c0n3-t1go4c5". In the other 30%, the messages can be consumed without any problem. It doesn't matter how many members are in the server cluster, except the case, that there is only 1, I can see the same behavior (sometimes the message arrives to the client, but mostly not) on all nodes.
The ejb3mdb example works perfectly, so the MDB always can send a reply to the client created temporary queue, but that's not what I need. I want to receive messages from a stateless session bean or a MDB receiving messages from other systems.
I need temporary queue, because there are many users and I can't create a queue for each of them. And another reason is, that the queue should not be available while a user is offline.

If there is only 1 node in the cluster, the desired scenario works fine, like the example, no exception in the log, but in production I need at least 5 nodes.

Is it possible to use temporary queues like this? Is it a clustering problem or it shouldn't work at all?

Thanks a lot!


View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4226882#4226882

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4226882

More information about the jboss-user mailing list