[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: how to get PortalRuntimeContext from portlets

apemberton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 27 05:41:10 EDT 2009

You should be able to access the PortalRuntimeContext using the Navigation class's static accessor:

PortalRuntimeContext prc = Navigation.getPortalRuntimeContext();

See: http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/portal/tags/JBoss_Portal_2_7_2/core/src/main/org/jboss/portal/core/aspects/controller/node/Navigation.java

Though, I'm not sure why you'd be "afraid" of using the PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE - as this is defined by the JSR168/286 spec, whereas the PortalRuntimeContext is a JBoss-specific API.

I'd encourage you to either investigate using the APPLICATION_SCOPE or because you're on Portal 2.7, look into the JSR286 event coordination features.

Using these features will lead to more spec-compliant, portable, and possibly more maintainable code.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4226957#4226957

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4226957