[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - EJB QL Bulk update: Reset manyToMany-Relation

jochen.reinhardt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 29 06:56:58 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have two enties having a many to many relation with each other. Let's call them A and B. The relation is defined via a join table A_B, defined in B. Now I want to remove all B's from the database with a bulk update with a named Query
DELETE FROM B
But the database tells me that this is not possible because of foreign constraints. These apply to the relation table, of course. My question is: is there a way to reset the relation / clear the relation table from within EJB?

And: I googled for the EJB specification, but I have not yet found it. Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Jochen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227531#4227531

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227531