[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Why are classes in org.hibernate.impl all marked final?

smartytime do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 29 22:26:53 EDT 2009

I'm trying to accomplish something that would be trivial if I could extend SessionFactoryImpl and SessionImpl, but they're marked final.  I've been beating my head trying to get around it and can't.

Is there a good reason for not allowing people to extend these classes?  What are the odds of getting it changed?

BTW - I'm trying to write an interceptor that injects a criterion into every Criteria instance.  Because Criteria instances are provided by a Session, and Session instances are provided by SessionFactory instances, I basically have to override all the way up the chain.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227676#4227676

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227676