[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Cluster and SSL (JRMPInvokerHA and RMISSLServerSocketFactory

carbonch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 30 08:15:43 EDT 2009

Hello everybody

I'm trying to set up a cluster with SSL. I made my own container-configuration extended from "Clustered Stateless SessionBean" and added the SSL stuff as you can see below

  |     <container-configurations>
  | 		<container-configuration extends="Clustered Stateless SessionBean">
  | 			<container-name>MY_CONTAINER_NAME</container-name>
  | 			 <invoker-proxy-binding-name>my-invoker-proxy-binding-name</invoker-proxy-binding-name>
  | 		</container-configuration>
  | 	</container-configurations>
  |
  |     <invoker-proxy-bindings>
  |
  | 	    <invoker-proxy-binding>
  | 	      <name>my-invoker-proxy-binding-name</name>
  | 	      <invoker-mbean>jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmpha,socketType=SSL</invoker-mbean>
  | 	      <proxy-factory>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.ProxyFactoryHA</proxy-factory>
  | 	      <proxy-factory-config>
  | 	        <client-interceptors>
  | 	          <home>
  | 	            <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.HomeInterceptor</interceptor>
  | 	            <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor</interceptor>
  | 	            <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor</interceptor>
  | 	            <interceptor call-by-value="false">org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
  | 	            <interceptor call-by-value="true">org.jboss.invocation.MarshallingInvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
  | 	          </home>
  | 	          <bean>
  | 	            <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.StatelessSessionInterceptor</interceptor>
  | 	            <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor</interceptor>
  | 	            <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor</interceptor>
  | 	            <interceptor call-by-value="false">org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
  | 	            <interceptor call-by-value="true">org.jboss.invocation.MarshallingInvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
  | 	          </bean>
  | 	        </client-interceptors>
  | 	      </proxy-factory-config>
  | 	    </invoker-proxy-binding>
  |
  |     </invoker-proxy-bindings>

... and the service...

  | <mbean code="org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvokerHA"
  |            name="jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmpha,socketType=SSL">
  |         <attribute name="ServerAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="RMIObjectPort">14445</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="RMIClientSocketFactory">org.jboss.security.ssl.RMISSLClientSocketFactory</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="RMIServerSocketFactory">org.jboss.security.ssl.RMISSLServerSocketFactory</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="SecurityDomain">java:/jaas/MY-SSL</attribute>
  |         <depends>jboss:service=Naming</depends>
  |         <depends>jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityDomain,domain=MY-SSL</depends>
  | </mbean>

If I'm trying to look up my beans the client just hangs. Did I miss something? It works fine if I disable SSL by removing the attributes "RMIClientSocketFactory" and "RMIServerSocketFactory". Is the combination of JRMPInvokerHA and RMISSLServerSocketFactory possible or is there a special factory for HA?

By the way, I'm still using JBoss 4.0.3 SP1.

Thank you for your hints.

kindest regards,
Reto

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227855#4227855