[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Using non-EJB classes with Sockets/non-servlet communication

orange80 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 30 16:51:14 EDT 2009

Hey guys,

I am starting to fool around with JBoss AS 5, and have a (probably) silly question.  I would like starting experimenting with JTS, JNDI, and JMS, using a simple app that just uses ordinary Java sockets or Apache HttpClient rather than servlet communication.  So my questions are

1. Will JBoss AS allow me to open up sockets within a class or does this violate a security restriction or something else like that?

2. Does JBoss AS only work with EJBs or can I use regular Java classes that tie into the App Server's services such as JTS, JNDI, etc.

Thanks,
Jamie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227911#4227911

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227911