[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Help Please - jsfejb3 AS 5 Example Broken

DavidMZen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 2 20:38:23 EDT 2009

Thanks for your help.. let me try to address your comments

"..probably using the examples and the guide from AS 4.x against AS 5.x"

The JBOSS AS 5.1 download I have comes from :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss/files/JBoss/JBoss-5.1.0.GA/jboss-5.1.0.GA-jdk6.zip/download

The doc re the JSF/EJB3 example is here (and appears to be intended to be AS 5 specific) :
http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Installation_And_Getting_Started_Guide/5/html/Sample_JSF_EJB3_Application.html

and for the SEAM example

http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Installation_And_Getting_Started_Guide/5/html/Using_Seam.html

I did finally get the JSF/EJB3 example working. There are numerous problems with it but the most major is the ant WAR task places the bean class in the wrong location.

I tried the SEAM JSF/EJB3 example but if failed with some incomprehensible messages so if I get some more time I'll fight with it some more then..

I guess I'm surprised these examples don't work.. I would have expected many people to try them as the first thing to get working. (Indeed there are numerous references to these examples working on google). In my case I was hoping to use them as a quick way to learn about JSF and JBOSS and actually have some working code to play with. So since I don't know JSF/Facelets/EJB3/SEAM etc its very painful to have to debug what should work out of the box.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247458#4247458

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247458