[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Info required about jboss-classloading.xml

djordjevs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 3 09:31:58 EDT 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

The deploy is an ear file that contains an ejb jar, a war file and a sar file. All three files and the ear file contain only metadata - xml files (ejb.xml, web.xml etc. in the correct places) and no code at all. The application code is deployed in a jar and placed to ...../default/lib where are also all the third party libraries. This is how it's been done for years with no issues, up until upgrade to V5 (currently running on 4.0.2).

The traditional ear deploy with java2parentDelegation does work as well as exploded deploy that I might use as a workaround, though I would prefer using jboss-classloading.xml.

On that note, jboss-classloading.xml is still a mystery, the links provided really don't help much. A short document explaining at minimum the following would be highly appreciated.
1. The xml structure - tags.
2. What values should be put in the tags.
3. Where the jboss-classloading.xml should be placed.

Conclusion:
1. I've got a workaround for the problem.
2. It would be nice if at least some minimal documentation is provided for the new metadata files.

Thanks again
SDJ

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247598#4247598

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247598