[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JMSServerControl.createQueue() fails when there are any

jmesnil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 4 05:52:07 EDT 2009

"clebert.suconic at jboss.com" wrote :
  | In your case.. you have the server full. We can't route any more messages until DestinationA had messages being consumed and Acked.

I'm not sure I understand it. Why would I been able to consume from destinationA but not from destinationB?
When I hit the global page mode, I'm expecting to be able to consume from any queue. Otherwise, a single queue with no consumer could prevent to consume from any other queues (like the example). This seems wrong, no?

"clebert.suconic at jboss.com" wrote :
  | For the management case.. I was suggesting to never page anything. But there is a risk of OME. (If we don't protect it). But as far as I know.. management destinations will aways be consumed or dropped. So.. I guess it would be ok to ignore paging on Management. Maybe the same would apply to temporary queues.

We can bypass paging for management or temp queues (even if I'd prefer not to) but this won't solve the issue highlighted by the example.
How can we make sure that when we hit the global page mode, a consumer can receive messages from any queue?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247797#4247797

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247797