[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - JBoss 4.2 and JAVA6, compatibility matrix available

groovie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 4 11:58:30 EDT 2009

Hy there,

i have the problem, we already started our development with JAVA6 using JBoss4.2.x.
Yes, i know that Java6 is not officially supported, but the project manager staff
decided to use JAVA6. Since JBoss5.x is delivered as a commercial
product (supported by Redhat/JBoss), we have to go with JBoss4.2.x

Running JAVA6 (on Linux) with JBoss issued some problems on
the free JBoss 4.2.x version, that have been solved.

Anyway, when i try to deploy my JBoss-ear file on the commercial JBoss
server 4.2.1 running JAVA6. The deployment runs without any problem,
the Web-GUI does run without any problems, but when i try to
access the Web-Service, some exceptions happend.
Seeking through the forum tells me, that i am using a wrong JAVA version.

Great, but which one i  should use ???
Is the a matrix of cooperating  JBoss/JAVA Versions availiabe ??

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247919#4247919

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247919