[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Installing JBoss as a Service

ryanhornbeck do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 4 21:25:39 EDT 2009

Sorry for the newbie question, guys, but I'm completely stumped.  I've spent 4 days trying to find an answer, to no avail.

I've downloaded JBoss App Server 5.0.1, and need to install it as a service.  I read the documentation for JBossNative, but it's written for 5.0.  Here's what I need to know:

1.  After extracting to the C: drive on my Windows Server (Win2k3), what do I do to get it installed as a service?  Do I use a console to perform the "service.bat install" command?  If I do, it says the service is installed, but when I look in my services, nothing named JBoss is there.

2.  Do I use JBossNative?  There's no instructions inside the .zip file.

3.  When I extract the JBossNative files, do I replace the files already in the %JBOSS_HOME%\bin directory?  When I do, then execute the "service.bat install", nothing happens (again).

I've got JDK installed, if it matters.  I've defined the environmental variables, too.

I've got my hat in my hand, guys.  Please save me from my stupidity.

Ryan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248008#4248008

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248008