[jboss-user] [JBoss OSGi] - OSGi and MicroContainer

speleomaniac do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 5 08:53:11 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I see some discussion in Spring forums (http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?p=253376#post253376) about OSGi and JBoss Microcontainer that had confused me, so I like to ask here.

In that post it is mentioned that JBoss MicroContainer and the OSGi(Equinox) for example are in the same league.....

I though that one main advantage of the OSGi is able to deploy different versions of an bundle and the OSGi Container would protect us from ClassPath conflicts....

If I am not completely wrong, when we are deploying 2 SARs in JBoss MicroContainer and the SARs containing 2 different versions of, lets say, Log4j, this 2 versions would be loaded and they would be visible in the classpath and might cause conflicts...

Or I am wrong and this would not occur in JBoss MicroContainer....

Thx for the answers....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248116#4248116

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248116