[jboss-user] [JBoss OSGi] - Re: OSGi and MicroContainer

speleomaniac do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 5 09:34:10 EDT 2009

Thx for the quick reply...

Unfortunately, most of my experience with the configuration of ClassLoaders with

* jboss-app.xml for .ear
* jboss-web.xml for .war
* jboss.xml for the rest

was catastrophic.....That is one of the reason why OSGi is so attractive to me....

In one of my old projects, we were working with JBoss Portal and we had tried to isolate the classloaders with the mentioned files, that totally killed the portal framework, then after I am always keeping an eye open for the alternatives....

Another reason, why OSGi is so attractive, we are using Maven and the
ideas from OSGi fitting really good with developing with Maven (to be able to define during development time exactly what libraries you are going to use and this information transferred to runtime....)

My actual project is an B2B project with Web Services, we are the gateway for several other services and these services releases periods are most of the time are not conform with ours...

When they make version changes, that is causing lots of headaches for us, the feature of OSGi is a perfect solution for us, lets say deploy a bundle, inactivate it and when the time is right activate it....

I was just looking to see is this scenario possible with JBoss, I would look closely to JBoss OSGi implementation and this discussion about MicroContainer and OSGi had confused me little bit...but thx for the answer...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248132#4248132

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248132