[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Is IP Multicast Secured?

jtcnz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 6 10:20:32 EDT 2009

I am running a jboss eap 4.3.0 cluster with 3 nodes.

The communication between 3 nodes is based on JGroups protocol by using UDP/IP Multicast.

I am curious security mechanism about the Multicast address,e.g. by default in cluster-service.xml udpGroup:228.1.2.3:45567

It seems that anyone could use this address and try to join the Multicast Group. Can some "bad guy" in the network easily write a program or directly run another jboss server to listen on this Multicast address/port and fetch the packet(information)??? If yes, how to secure it?

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248489#4248489

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248489