[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - JBoss portal performance: (Portal)templatePortal.copy(dashbo

Vineet_Tripathi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 11 18:21:43 EDT 2009

Hi All,
We are using JBoss portal 2.7.2 and have replaced its portal-core-lib.jar with the latest Fixes from portal SVN.

Using the SVN  fix worked for following method call
 dashboardContext.getPortal(userId)

We are now facing issue with call to

  | (Portal)templatePortal.copy(dashboardContext, userId, false);

The above is called from CustomizationManagerService, MBean when a user access his dashboard for the first time. Invocation of this method results in firing select statements corresponding to each entry in JBP_OBJECT_NODE table. This problem will become issue as soon number of users(12000 users, each with 4-5 pages on dashboard and each page with 4-5 windows) with dashboard increase.

Do we have a fix for this as of now?
I am working on work around for this. If some one already have a fix for this, please let me know.

Thanks
Vineet

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4249087#4249087

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4249087