[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: ClassCastException due to Xerces conflict during app dep

rodos77 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 12 16:50:33 EDT 2009

"jaikiran" wrote : I think this is the correct thing to do, because each deployment is expected to be started within its own classloader to ensure that it gets access to the right resources.

I do not believe JBoss 4 does this.  It uses the deployer's classloader when deploying the war, not the war's classloader.  Thus the problem is avoided.

"jaikiran" wrote : So the only way to override the xerces version appears to be to change the version in the JBoss endorsed directory (but that can lead to other issues).

The application I'm working on may be installed at a client site where we have no controll over the the App Server.  In addition, as you said, changing the endorsed Xerces may lead to other problems so I do not think this is a viable solution.

Are you saying that currently there is no solution to this problem?  If so, I'd say this is a pretty big issue for JBoss considering this problem is not seen in JBoss 4 and thus constitutes a pretty important change in behavior.

Perhaps this should be escalated and/or be given more attention?  I've seen numerous posts on the forum complaining about this and none of the workarounds (classloader isolation, removing Xerces from war) address the underlying problem of being able to use a different version of Xerces than the one in the endorsed dir.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4249303#4249303

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4249303