[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - DeploymentScanner

HarleyGuy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 12 18:12:33 EDT 2009

I am hoping a more senior JBoss expert can share his knowledge on remote deployments to JBoss-AS.

We are using JBoss-4.2.3GA.  We are using Hudson to accomplish our builds for the web project.  We are now attempting to deploy the war file to a remote JBoss-AS running on Redhat Linux.  What I discovered is JBoss-AS has the ability to scan a URL and accomplish a hot-deployment for us.  We can just drop off the war file in a directory for JBoss to scan. We would have to manually remove the old war file so JBoss-AS will undeploy it for us.

The guys on my team are not very supportive on making this work because they want a clean build and suspect JBoss-AS will not provide us with this capability following my approach.

Are there any pitfalls with using the Deployment Scanner JXMBean like I described above?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

HG

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4249307#4249307

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4249307