[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: How to detect deployment failure

sasanplus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 14 05:52:26 EDT 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

WS = Web Service

basically I created a valid war file with a few WS in it (Web Service) and then I corrupted the content by removing i.e. web.xml and few other stuff to make sure this is not a valid .war and not going to be deployed. The actualy binary can be opened but the content is not a .war any more i.e. no web.xml and a couple of classes are removed.

I expected the deployment to fail. In app server console I get following which is fair enough:

10:44:37,309 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/TestWebApplication, warUrl=.../tmp/deploy/tmp8688159346501002326TestWebApplication-exp.war/
10:44:37,418 WARN  [config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for context '/TestWebApplication'

but when I listen to the events (NotificationListener) I only get the following events:

org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployer.create
and
org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployer.start

I do not get any failure events

I added listener to jboss.system:service=MainDeployer and any deployers beneath it. (basically everything)

Also the app server is 4.2.3 (GA)

Note that this application shows up in JMX. So my solution was to query JMX and if I can not find any WS then the application is not deployed. But I prefer to get a failure message as oppose to the JMX query thing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4249607#4249607

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4249607