[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: make sure my hibernate config in jboss remains the same?

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 16 03:14:29 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : as i said i saw another link which said just i should add that property

If you look at that thread again, you will notice that the example there is a standalone remote client (notice the HelloClient.main in that stacktrace) which is doing the lookup of a bean hosted on a server. For a standalone client, the client classpath has to have that properties files with those (or similar relevant entries) to point the client to the correct server during lookup.
However, an application deployed on the server will not/must not package this properties file. It's the client's responsibility to use the right one.

Also, that's one of the reasons why we stress on posting the entire exception stacktrace - to get to know the entire flow.

As for the exception:

Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.Socket
  | TimeoutException: Receive timed out]
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(NamingContext.java:1119)
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1227)
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.rebind(NamingContext.java:421)
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.rebind(NamingContext.java:414)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.rebind(InitialContext.java:367)
  | 	at org.jboss.util.naming.Util.rebind(Util.java:126)

I know you have already mentioned that your application does not package the jndi.properties file. But can you check it again (even check if the jar files packaged in the application have the jndi.properties at the root of the jar) just to be sure. Also do you have any jnp* jar file(s) or any jar file(s) containing org.jnp.* classes in your application packaging? If yes, then remove those jars.

Also post the output of

jar -tf myapp.ear
replace myapp.ear with the name of your ear.

That will show us the contents of the EAR file.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4249783#4249783

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4249783