[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: make sure my hibernate config in jboss remains the same?

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 16 05:01:56 EDT 2009

The jars look OK. The xerces and xalan jars sometimes cause problems. But i wouldn't touch them or even start worrying about them unless there is some issue which ends up with ClassCastException (or similar) while parsing xmls.

"Elhanan" wrote :
  | also what is the difference between CallByValue in the jboss-service.xml and CallByValue in ear-deployer.xml?

As per the comments in the jboss-service.xml file:

<!-- The call by value mode. true if all lookups are unmarshalled using
  |          the caller's TCL, false if in VM lookups return the value by reference.
  |       -->
  |       <attribute name="CallByValue">false</attribute>

Setting this to true would mean that any JNDI lookups would result in the object being bound to the JNDI to be serialized while being returned to the client code, even if the client is in the same JVM.

The one in ear-deployer.xml has:

  |  <!-- A flag indicating if the ear components should have in VM call
  |       optimization disabled.
  |       -->
  |       <attribute name="CallByValue">false</attribute>
So method invocations between EAR components (example: a servlet calling a method on EJB) would result in the objects passed between the invocations to be serailized, even if the servlet and the EJB were in the same EAR or JVM.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4249791#4249791

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4249791