[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: How do you get the superclass from the Invocation object

kabir.khan@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 18 08:05:08 EDT 2009

If the target is an instance of B, there is nothing you can do to call A's method instead if it is overridden by B.

The super.sayHello() becomes an invokespecial bytecode instruction rather than the normal invokevirtual/invokeinterface, which I guess the jvm takes to mean calling the actual method specified rather than the "lowest" which is the normal behaviour.

So, from your point of view I don't think there is much that can be done.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4250148#4250148

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4250148