[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Assign default portal to a user role.

brandonv do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 18 08:47:35 EDT 2009

I think the problem here is that JBoss expects there to be a single "default" portal for all users.  Although a role can give a user access to a portal (admin user, for instance), it cannot determine which portal will be the user's default when they login.  I have not found a way to do this but if someone knows a way, I would be interested in such a feature as well.

I would suggest that you create your Client portal as your default and then create an Advisor portal.  All users would land on the Client portal but those with the advisor role would have access to the Advisor portal much like the admin user has access to the Admin portal.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4250165#4250165

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4250165