[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - jboss profiler 1 (CR4) - not getting any results

brettcave do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 19 06:13:51 EDT 2009

I have set up jboss-profiler on JbossAS 4.2.2 (compiled my own libjbossAgent.so and libjbossInspector.so using the provided compile.sh scripts) on Centos. JVM startup params have been updated.

"-XrunjbossInspector:/tmp/profiler/runtime,include=com.mycompany,ignore=* -agentlib:jbossAgent"

Start up jboss, go to the mbean via jmx-console and activate profiling. Log files appear in /tmp/profiler/runtime (serverspy files). Access my application - which is extremely slow - a few minutes to load up sometimes. The log files grow. I then go to the mbean and stop the profiler collection.

Go to /jboss-profiler web application, click on runtime profiler link, select the pid and leave all options selected, click submit. See all log files being processed, but on the next screen, i dont get any results :(

seems to be doing everything except getting the results, am I doing anything wrong? How can i verify what is / isnt working?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4250344#4250344

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4250344