[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Solution: JBPM3 and Spring Integration

mr_magoo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 19 18:49:54 EDT 2009

I thought I would pass on some of the hard one lessons here to help people avoid some of the pain I have had to go through. While I think my scenario is perhaps not one that jbpm has in mind specifically, I fear that it is quite a typical scenario in the wild.
Also I think someone else might have a suggestion or ten. I am not claiming to be a jbpm guru.

Required Reading:
http://www.jorambarrez.be/blog/2009/04/17/integrating-jbpm3-with-spring-part1/
http://www.jorambarrez.be/blog/2008/08/26/jbpm-job-executor-for-spring/

Problem
JBPM3 architecture assumes and relies heavily on an xml configuration file and dependencies are spread throughout several classes. (sometimes in surprising places and ways)
Penetration of this is rather difficult and a few versions ago nearly impossible due to private/final members/methods in key classes. This was most evident in the job executor and scheduler.
Previously spring-modules was sufficient to integrate with spring, although quite clunky due to the above restrictions. Current wisdom suggests that using the latest version of jbpm with spring-modules can introduce subtle bugs and it appears that the jbpm part of spring modules is now dead.

The reference links above outline an alternative solution but it is somewhat flawed unfortunately when it comes to async processing. It also does not go into specifics on the spring config side of things and how to remove the dependency on the jbpm configuration xml file and have a fully spring injected environment.

I will assume that you have read the references above and have downloaded the source code they reference.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4250508#4250508

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4250508