[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Memory leak in FastURLDecoder ?

venukb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 20 06:11:04 EDT 2009

We are using JBoss Portal 2.7.2 and seeing a gradual memory build up when a user is logged into the portal

The old gen becomes full and then we see CPU usage at 100% - doing GC
Took a heap dump and analyzed using "jhat"

Topping the list of instance count we see:
org.jboss.portal.common.text.FastURLDecoder$LookupTerm

Even when we have a look at the heap histogram we see
class [Lorg.jboss.portal.common.text.FastURLDecoder$LookupNode taking a lot of heap space; this seems to be holding a reference to LookupTerm

Is there a known leak? Also any inputs on when this is used also might be of help

Thanks
Venu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4250571#4250571

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4250571