[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - SLSBs and pooling

ljnelson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 20 13:23:11 EDT 2009

Hello.  I am trying to respond to an EJB3 objection.  The objection states that the startup time that would result from trying to deploy a high number of stateless session beans is both high and untweakable.

I'm familiar (now) with Glassfish, which sidesteps the issue entirely by not preallocating any stateless session beans at all (rendering the objection completely false and untenable).  Here's the discussion thread over there: http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=361428&#361428

I'm not as familiar with JBoss.  Does JBoss pre-start a bunch of stateless session beans when they're deployed?  If it does, is there a way to tune this pool?

Thank you very much for your replies.

Best,
Laird

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4250708#4250708