[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - Re: Bridge - Once and only once, connections failing after i

rnicholson10 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 23 11:04:00 EDT 2009

Howard,

I'd like to raise another point on this issue. Every time this happens we simply restart each JBoss instance and it all starts working again. The main problem being that when the issue arises we cannot send messages to the local queue, so we essentially have lost these messages before we restart JBoss.

Example:

Box1: Just has a locally deployed queue
Box2: Contains the remote queue we wish to send to and the bridge from the local queue on box1 to the remote queue here.

When the bridge dies, we cannot send any messages to the local queue on box1. Surely we should always be able to send messages to the local queue on box1? The bridge should not be able to effect this action. If this happened then repairing the bridge would let messages be delivered to the remote queue once more with no loss of messages.

I know you can't reproduce the error I'm getting but at least if all messages always made onto onto the local queue recovery would be possible.

I think that a good rule of thumb would be: "If the local queue is deployed correctly, it should always be possible to put messages on this queue".

What do you think?

Ross

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4251036#4251036

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4251036