[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Stopping and starting EARs from the JMX console

negora do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 24 08:42:31 EDT 2009

Wolfgang: Ummm... Very interesting. If they closed the JIRA I guess that's the normal behaviour, as you state.

In the end I decided to continue with my manual deployment instead of using the console (be it the JMX console or the administration console). Basically because during the development of my applications I always prefer to use directories instead of pure JAR, WAR or EAR files (because of matter of speed) and, although I only used the "start" and "stop" operations in the console, some times my applications got deleted.

I still don't know why, because as far as I know even re-deploying an application the original source (the JAR file for example) isn't deleted, but the files which were extracted from it, Right?

Whatever it's the cause I think that I'll continue using my OS-dependent batch files for quick start and stop operations during the development.

Thank you very much for your answer, Wolfgang ;) .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4251183#4251183

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4251183