[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools Users] - Re: Generating DDL from annotated POJOs

JPAV do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 25 11:15:45 EDT 2009

No, I'm not working with DTP at all.  I've added the sqljdbc.jar to the Hibernate Console configuration classpath, the same type of configuration referenced in the video you pointed me to.  I'm guessing there's probably something fundamentally wrong with my project due to the way I built it.  My goal here was to start from a WSDL, then use the JAXWS tools built into JDK 1.6 to generate the respective POJOs from it, annotate those POJOs with JPA annotations (right along side the generated JAXB annotations), then generate DDL from these entities that I can use to build a representative view model in Teiid Designer.  So, the only evidence in the project of things related to Hibernate/JPA is the @Entity tag on each of 2 classes and @GeneratedValue / @Id / @Column(name = "ID") for the id property I manually added to each.  I don't have any entity resolvers, naming strategies, HibernateUtil classes, etc.

I also *sometimes* get compilation errors in this project (I haven't figured out the pattern yet for when these appear/disappear) related to those annotations in the form of "Column XXX cannot be resolved" for every property, where XXX is the property's name.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4251558#4251558

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4251558