[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP Users] - Re: Deploy AOP to jboss 5.1

kgreenejpmc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 26 15:44:58 EDT 2009

Thanks for the feedback.  I have another question.

On discovering that the @JobFlow does not work on onMessage, I was very curious as to how annotations such as @TransactionAttribute work on onMessage (as well as other methods).  These types of annotations don't seem to require loadtime weaving.  In addition, you don't have to do anything special when you compile your classes that use these annotations (which leads me to believe that compile time weaving is not required either).

I did quite a bit of digging and discovered it might have to do with proxies, but I am not sure.  I looked at the jboss source code, but did not see anything special in TransactionAttributeImpl.java

I am interested in developing my custom annotation and aspect such that it works like the @TransactionAttribute in that it does not require load time weaving and you don't have to compile your classes in any special way.

Am I correct in assuming that annotations such as @TransactionAttribute don't use compile time or loadtime weaving?  If so, could you point me to some sources that would explain how the the code behind the annotation is triggered and executed?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4251893#4251893

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4251893