[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - paging problem with orderingGroup enabled

mclu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 27 04:57:58 EDT 2009

Hi Howard!

I solved the orderinggroup handling by using one group and enabled it via connectionfactory.
But now after my Server starts up and reloads the paged messages it stops after the first set of messages are received.

Means:
To Test I have set fullsize to 20 and pagesize and downcache to 5.
My queue has 2000 messages.

After I received the first 20 messages the system stops. The database still contains messages and while debugging I also see that each 5 consumed messages the JDBCPersistenceManager.getPagedReferenceInfos() is called to load and add the next paged messages. I also saw that the internal messageRef List contains these reloaded messages.

But still, after the 20th message the consuming stops.

I first thought that its because of my self written transaction aware  consumer that also receives message in order. But after I refactored this back to MessageDrivenBean the same error occurs.

My setup:
Queue:

  | 	<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.QueueService"
  | 		name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=incomingSyncRequests"
  | 		xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Queue-xmbean.xml">
  | 		<depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">
  | 			jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer
  | 		</depends>
  |        <attribute name="FullSize">20</attribute>
  |        <attribute name="PageSize">5</attribute>
  |        <attribute name="DownCacheSize">5</attribute>
  | 	</mbean>

MDB:

  | @MessageDriven(activationConfig = {
  | @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),
  | @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = IMConstants.QUEUE_INCOMINGSYNCREQUESTS),
  | @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "maxSession", propertyValue = "1"),
  | @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "maxMessages", propertyValue = "1") })
  | public class GlobalMessageDispatcherBean implements MessageListener {

CF:

  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactory" name="jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ConnectionFactory" xmbean-dd="xmdesc/ConnectionFactory-xmbean.xml">
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="Connector">jboss.messaging:service=Connector,transport=sslbisocket</depends>
  |       <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>
  |
  |       <attribute name="JNDIBindings">
  |          <bindings>
  |             <binding>/ConnectionFactory</binding>
  |             <binding>/XAConnectionFactory</binding>
  |             <binding>java:/ConnectionFactory</binding>
  |             <binding>java:/XAConnectionFactory</binding>
  |          </bindings>
  |       </attribute>
  |       <attribute name="EnableOrderingGroup">true</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="DefaultOrderingGroupName">IMSDefaultGroup</attribute>
  |    </mbean>

Maybe it has to do with this singleton MDB configuration but it should work with it too, or?

Using JBM 1.4.5 build 7766

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4251996#4251996

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4251996