[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: JBoss server hangs in state

Oliver Roell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 31 11:10:35 EDT 2009

Peter, this is my hosts-file. It is identical with yours:

127.0.0.1       localhost

There are seven spaces between 127.0.0.1 and localhost.

You wrote: "IF you did not change the ports used by JBoss AS AND you did not use the -b option to bind JBoss AS to a different IP address."

How can I check these options?

When I make a double-click on "JBoss 4.2. Server" within the "JBoss Server View", I can see the server ports in the Overview:

JNDI Port, Automatically detect
When I click on "Configure..." there is the "Current Value" of 1099.

Web Port, Automatically detect
When I click on "Configure..." there is the "Current Value" of 8080.

That should be fine.

This is a snipped from my JBoss run.bat from the bin-directory:

  | :RESTART
  | "%JAVA%" %JAVA_OPTS% ^
  |    -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JBOSS_ENDORSED_DIRS%" ^
  |    -classpath "%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%" ^
  |    org.jboss.Main %*

I do now know whether Eclipse uses the same run.bat or if Eclipse has it's own JBoss-start-routine with separate options.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4252657#4252657

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4252657