[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - How to provide the bind address when running JBoss as a serv

gpuckett do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 1 13:27:31 EST 2009

I am in the process of separating my production envrionment so I can implement load balancing.  First I need to just get jBoss running on one machine and Apache and mySQL running on another.  I am using the jBoss native executable (jBossSVC.exe) to run it as a service.

Since it now needs to talk to a "remote" server it can no longer use 127.0.0.1 as the bind address.  So I need to provide the address for it to use.

If I run jBoss from the command prompt and use the -b xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx parm it runs fine.  However, it must run as a service in the production envrionment.  I can't figure out how to provide the bind address when running it as a service.

I have the following connector definition in my server.xml file:

  | <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
  |     <Connector port="8009" address="${jboss.bind.address}" protocol="AJP/1.3"
  |          emptySessionPath="true" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
  | 	   connectionTimeout="600000" maxThreads="500"   />

Where does jboss.bind.address get set?  Is there a parm I can set in a configuration file that sets this rather than using a command line argument?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4268365#4268365

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4268365