[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jaxen/VariableContex

SeanCronin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 2 08:17:35 EST 2009

The system I'm building currently has a stateful session bean between the seam layer and JBoss Cache (for historical reasons, this might not be our final architecture). The stateful bean passivated at its default time of 5 minutes. My TreeCacheMBean and objects within it were within the session bean. I'm guessing bad things happened as passivation of the cache and it's contents was attempted by the session bean (into another cache)?

In case you don't know you can set this time on a stateful bean (non clustered environment using the annotation @org.jboss.annotation.ejb.cache.simple.CacheConfig) and/or implement the ejbPassivate method to clean up before passivation.

The error occuring in 5 minutes was the giveaway. Seems to be quite a common default value in the JBoss world.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4268530#4268530

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4268530