[jboss-user] [JBoss OSGi Users] - Re: Installing and running bundles on Jboss

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 7 08:53:49 EST 2009

The framework integration in JBossAS is preconfigured. I assume that this code does *not* create a new instance of an OSGi Framework in JBoss. If it does it would be incorrect.

  | FrameworkIntegration inte =  new FrameworkIntegration();
  | inte.create();

Instead the Framework should be injected as an MC bean or accessed via JMX.

anonymous wrote :
  | This experiment works on Felix, but on Equinox i get null pointers when I try to get the context and other. Why?

The Equinox integration in Beta4 and earlier is poor. With Beta5 (which should come out this week) you should have a mucch better experience. Try running the provided examples with the Equinox on the target container of your choice.

If you can't wait for the release, you can work from trunk, only the user documentation is still in flux.

anonymous wrote :
  | Did I start another Felix container

Yes, you probably started a new FW instance. The user guide should tell you the MC bean names

http://jbmuc.dyndns.org/jboss-osgi/userguide/html/ChapFrameworkIntegration.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4269338#4269338

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4269338