[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache Users] - Re: I blogged about JBoss Cache, can somebody please check i

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 8 13:04:43 EST 2009

Thanks for doing this! :-)

A couple suggestions:

1) You imply right at the beginning that your post is oriented toward AS users, but I recommend you state flat-out that your example is for running in the AS. That's because CacheManagerLocator doesn't exist outside the AS so people trying it outside the AS will fail.

2) The "sfsb-cache" is meant for EJB3 SFSB replication. It's technically possible to use it for other purposes, but I'd recommend creating a separate config, particular if clustered EJB3 SFSBs are deployed in your AS.

Note also that sfsb-cache doesn't integrate with the standard JTA transaction manager running in the AS, so if your app needs JTA integration you'd need a different config.

BTW, a (hopefully) helpful link for this general topic is http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossclustering/freezone/docs/cluster_guide/5.1/html/jbosscache.chapt.html#jbosscache-custom-deployment

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4269651#4269651

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4269651