[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Users] - Re: Running a deployer on resource in classpath

rareddy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 9 12:52:36 EST 2009

I  extended the my deployer using the AbstractSimpleVFSRealDeployer as below

  | public class SystemVDBDeployer extends AbstractSimpleVFSRealDeployer<SystemVDBMetadata> {
  |
  |   public SystemVDBDeployer() {
  |      super(SystemVDBMetadata.class);
  |   }
  |
  |   @Override
  |   public void deploy(VFSDeploymentUnit unit, SystemVDBMetadata deployment)
  |     throws DeploymentException {
  |     System.out.println("My deployer invoked");
  |   }
  | }

added the "-jboss-beans.xml" file to the "deployers" directory, but "deploy" call never invoked by the container.

Then I thought there is no "deployment unit" available for this to be invoked, so added "@ManagementDeployment" and "@ManagementObject" annotations to my metadata object "SystemVDBMetadata" class and deployed that object, this object is available as input to the deployer by adding "setInput", still the deployer never invoked.

  | @ManagementObject
  | @ManagementDeployment(types = {"vdb"})
  | public class SystemVDBMetadata implements Serializable {
  | }

What I am confused is what will be my deployment unit in this case, as the resource I want to load is inside a JAR in "lib" directory. My intention was use the above code and once I am in the "deploy" call use the technique mentioned above to  load resource.

Any suggestions as what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4269840#4269840

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4269840