[jboss-user] [JCA] - Re: HOWTO: Pool connection management of my managed connecti

groovie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 10 03:17:29 EST 2009

Salut vickyk,

thank you for your helpful reply.  In the meantime i was able to
connect with my external legacy system. The pooling mechanism
is working without any problem.
>From my pont of view, understanding the JCA helps to get a closer
view to the JEE architecture. Anyway, the information is quite rare.

Coding a JCA adapter is a bit like coding a device-driver on
UNIX for muliple user access. So fine ...

"vickyk" wrote : "groovie" wrote : I think, this is the issue of the ConnectionPool-Manager,
  |   | who will disables or remove the connection from the pool
  |   | and try to establish a new one (using my ManagedConnection)
  |   |
  | Yes Jboss JCA code will call the ManagedConnection's createManagedConnection(..) and matchManagedConnection() while creating the new connection from the pool and retreiving the existing connection from the Pool.

Yes!

Everything does work  fine for me, but i noticed the invocation of the
destroy-Methode in the connectors ManagedConnection implementation.
>From time to time, the JBoss Connection Manager is willing to kill
a connection to the legacy systems.

Anyway, this does not injure the connectivity, cause the connector
does quickly perform a reconnect, but i would like to know the
reason for behavour.

Inside the service-XML file i noticed the following assignments
inside the ManagedConnectionPool tag:

   5000
   15

Are one of the both settings responsible for the destroy
of vital connections ?

Thank you for your support
Christian Groove

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4269932#4269932