[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Users] - JBOSSWS Webservice Error in UNIX

narmashan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 10 10:46:15 EST 2009

I am testing a webservice using JBOSS5,JBOSSWS and jdk 6 in unix system.

My webservice got deployed and worked well in Windows. Client was able to able to access the HTTP response fine.
Windows XP Environment Tools:
a) JBOSS AS5
b)JBOSS WS
c)JDK 5.0
Steps followed to install in Windows
# From Windows Explorer, navigate to "C:\jbossws-native-bin-dist". Inside the folder, locate the file "ant.properties.example".
# Make a copy of "ant.properties.example", then rename it to "ant.properties".
# Start up your favorite code editor (like UltraEdit32, or Notepad++), then open up "ant.properties" for editing.
# Locate the line "jboss500.home=@jboss500.home@", change it to "jboss500.home=/jboss-5.0.0.GA". Then save it and close the code editor.
# Open Command Prompt, navigate to "C:\jbossws-native-bin-dist". Then run the command "ant deploy-jboss500". When it finishes successfully, JBossWS will be installed and configured properly for use.

Unix Environment:
JDK 6
JBOSS 5.0

Copied the JBOSSWS jar files from C:\jbossws-native-bin-dist\output\deploy-jboss500folder to corresponding folders in client, bin,common,lib,server in Unix.

When I start the JBOSSAS I am able to view the webservice and wsdl is generated but while testing the webservic in client I get the following error:

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Cannot process response message
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchSOAPBinding.getReturnObject(DispatchSOAPBinding.java:191)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchImpl.getReturnObject(DispatchImpl.java:470)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchImpl.invokeInternalSOAP(DispatchImpl.java:264)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchImpl.invokeInternal(DispatchImpl.java:170)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchImpl.invoke(DispatchImpl.java:133)
	at tutorial.hanbo.webservice.GreetingTestClient2.main(GreetingTestClient2.java:60)
Caused by: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Cannot obtain SOAPBody from SOAPMessage
	at javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage.getSOAPBody(SOAPMessage.java:181)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.DispatchSOAPBinding.getReturnObject(DispatchSOAPBinding.java:159)

While Analyzing using TCP monitor I find that content length is zero

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:27:26 GMT

I assume it has something to do with JBOSSWS jar files used in Unix.

Could anyone help in this regard ? Grealty appreciate it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4270026#4270026

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4270026