[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Dynamic Fork + External Async WS invocation + problem

clandestino_bgd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 1 19:58:37 EST 2009

Hi people, in short:

My Process:
Just after Start state, I have dynamic fork (Action Handler defined on Node, very similar to the one on wiki). In each child I have a Task node, on which event (task-create) I have an ActionHandler which invokes WS asynchronously, by passing taskInstanceId as parameter.
When WS finishes the operation, it invokes callback method which ends the task instance.

And the problem:
When I start the process instance, if I have a significant number of children, it happens that the 1st WS does the callback before all child tokens are generated, which results in NPE when I try to get task instance in callback method.

Ok, seems, that new tokens and created task instances are not persisted in DB, but only in memory and this is according to docs, but can I somehow change the default behavior and support the described scenario?
Or maybe somebody has an idea how to support "concurrent" WS invocations without explicitely call to each of them?

Retrying callback or WS timeout can fix the problem, but this is configurable on WS side, not JBPM.

Any idea, much appreciated.
best,
milan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4206146#4206146