[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Dynamic Fork + External Async WS invocation + problem

clandestino_bgd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 2 19:53:05 EST 2009

  | what you might try is to to create all the tasks first, and then call node.leave on each of them. Might give you some headstart and be able to have them in the DB before the ws calls return...

Thanks Ronald.
I thought about something similar, like I create, but not start tasks in Dynamic Fork, and put Action Handler which invokes WS on task-start event.
Then in Dynamic Fork, when I create all child tokens, I iterate again through all of child tokens, find unfinished task instances and then start them all.
That will save me some time, but it does not mean I will manage to win in the race with our superfast WS, since Action Handler which invokes WS calls some business logic, etc.

And to be honest, it does not look very nice. I would also pretty much destroy the applicability of my Dynamic Fork node to other types of processes, which do not have this scenario.

If somebody has better and cleaner idea or have problem solved in the past, I would be happy to hear it.

thanks,
milan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4206413#4206413

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4206413