[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Copying large ear over network: URLDeploymentScanner reads i

johnNewman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 3 12:47:53 EST 2009

Hello,

We are revisiting our build process, one of the things I'd like to do is automate copying of the final ear out to whatever server.  Currently all of our servers are configured with the URLDeploymentScanner to check the deploy folder every 5 seconds.

This doesn't really work over the network - copying a 25 MB ear over a network takes longer than 5 seconds, and the scanner complains "Can't open corrupt file etc"

So instead I have to copy it to the folder above deploy, and when that finishes I can move it into the deploy folder.  This works fine but is far from ideal.

I could increase the timeout of the scanner, which would yield a better percentage of this working, but if I start the copy at the wrong second it will still fail.

Is there a way to turn off the scanner completely, and manually kick jboss to say "hey, deploy this ear file I just put into that folder"?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4206674#4206674

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4206674