[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - MDB calling a session bean, session bean not getting reused

shreyasshinde do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 3 23:20:43 EST 2009

Hello,

I have an MDB that does a lookup on a stateless session bean, calls some method on the session bean and returns. The MDB and the SLSB are running in the same EJB container.

However, everytime an MDB looks up the SLSB, a new instance of the bean is created instead of using the available beans.

I have observed this using the jmx-console application running in JBoss. By choosing the SLSB (JMX Bean View) and observing the Available Count, Create Count and Current Size properties.

I am seeing that even when the beans are available, every lookup request from the MDB is resulting in a new bean getting created. (Also the bean creation does not obey the MaxSize property).

On a side note, I don't see this behavior when one SLSB looks up another SLSB. The beans are re-used in this case.

Is there a particular way to consume SLSBs from MDBs? Do I have to explicitly release them?

Any help would be appreciated.

JBoss 5.0.0.0CR2
RHEL4 & Windows XP

Thanks,