[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Copying large ear over network: URLDeploymentScanner rea

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 4 12:39:18 EST 2009

The second URL is the best bet (doesn't reply on an administrative share and admin access to that share), and it should work. So it is debugging time. Here's what I would do:

1) Install JBoss AS locally and run twiddle from a local bin directory. This will eliminate weird issues with accessing twiddle, and the files it requires, across the network. If this works, reduce the local JBoss AS footprint to include only the necessary files to satisfy twiddle. If it does not work, go to set 2. (An alternative is to log into test-server, open a command prompt and run twiddle from there.)

2) Try the URL in jmx-console. If that works then the URL is fine and the issue is with twiddle. If it does not work, then the problem is in the MBean somewhere.

3) Then add debug code to twiddle or the mbean to figure out what is going on.

Wait a minute, another thought crossed my mind. Are you running twiddle from a remote system? If so, twiddle connects to locahost by default, which is the remote system, which is not where the app is located!  Try adding "-s test-server:1099" to the command line (run "twiddle --help" for full syntax).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207079#4207079

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207079