[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Problem using JaxWS over HTTPS connection from within a

adinn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 5 05:16:32 EST 2009

Thanks very much for the explanation Ron. After a lot of searching yesterday I found (via google :-) your ''nasty workaround"  in the JBossWS Wiki and managed to get HTTPS to work just before I finished work. Sorry for not posting my results earlier.

I had previously tried your other suggestion and used localhost as the key/truststore alias and CN name and as the host in the URL. Interestingly, this still gave the error "HTTPS hostname wrong: should be <127.0.0.1>". I don't really understand why it's printing the IP address rather than hostname in this case.

I am only doing this to test the XTS comms layer so I think I am going to stop here for now. I'm sure I'll have to come back to it when we start trying to do interop testing with Microsoft (or when a community user tries it). Thanks for the help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207263#4207263

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207263