[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Problem using JaxWS over HTTPS connection from within a

adinn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 5 09:34:22 EST 2009

Ron,

Just for the record I tracked down the source of the problem with the server host name check and managed to get the https exchange to work without having to specify org.jboss.security.ignoreHttpsHost=true. It turns out that my (vanilla) /etc/hosts file contained the line

  127.0.0.1  localhost.localdomain localhost

I think this was messing up the server name verification because the source IP address for the server response (127.0.0.1) was resolving to localhost.localdomain while the name supplied in the ticket was localhost.

Anyway, so much for the theory. Once I swapped the alias entries around in /etc/hosts to place localhost first I was able to drop the setting org.jboss.security.ignoreHttpsHost=true and it all worked ok. Thanks again for your help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207358#4207358

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207358