[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Startup failure: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRACE

MrMurphy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 6 06:28:03 EST 2009

Hi all,
I have downloaded and installed the new JBoss 5.

Following the "installation and getting started guide" I have configured system variables. When I try to start Jboss through the run.bat I have this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRACE
        at org.jboss.logging.log4j.Log4jLoggerPlugin.isTraceEnabled(Log4jLoggerP
lugin.java:94)
        at org.jboss.logging.Logger.isTraceEnabled(Logger.java:150)
        at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.config.property.PropertyKernelConfig.initial
izeProperties(PropertyKernelConfig.java:74)
        at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.config.property.PropertyKernelConfig.(
PropertyKernelConfig.java:61)...

Do you know what I have to do in order to solve the problem and enjoy JBoss???

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207666#4207666

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207666