[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Startup failure: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRACE

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 6 10:54:45 EST 2009

>From what I've seen of the installation instructions in the getting started guide, I would avoid them. The installation steps are really easy (see http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4205258, and ignore step 4 - that's  a *nix only step)

But you must have a stray log4j JAR file somewhere. To track it down, set JAVA_OPTS to "-verbose:class" and then run the app server. The JVM will then print out the location of every class file loaded. This should point out the stray log4j JAR file.

cd <jboss_home>\bin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207768#4207768

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207768