[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Full server capabilities only on localhost?

bmelloni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 9 15:31:40 EST 2009

The following is what I instinctively assumed it would do, but I guess it makes for a good 5.1 *wish list*.  I understand now that it is much more than what the current capabilities do.

1) Ability to start, stop, and to some extent monitor what the remote server does - provided the user is authorized to do so on the remote server.  (Probably not realistic for 5.1)

2) Using an exposed filesystem for the move to the temporary folder (as today) is fine (although an FTP or HTTP upload would be less restrictive).

3) Using 'something' on the server so that the move from TMP to Deploy folders happens locally on the server (instead of being done through the developer's PC filesystem).

All of the above should be implementable fairly easily by putting some secured web services on the server and calling them from the jBossTools plugin.  It would give you excellent flexibility while preserving control and security.  It would also free you from any dependencies from the underlying network and filesystem.

Just a thought.  Keep up the good work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4208275#4208275

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4208275